The Cooking School believes that basic cooking is becoming a lost art in our world today. Busy lives have given way to fast food and lost family time opportunities. We hope to bring some of that back — through offering opportunities for the home cook to learn and to expand their cooking knowledge in fun, non-threatening, easy-to-do ways. There will be an emphasis on healthy meal-making using seasonal vegetables, berries and herbs grown in our Kitchen Garden, as well as fresh eggs from the Inn.
Food has long been the connector in bringing people together — whether family, friends, businesses, or community. Breaking bread together changes things. We hope to provide just the right mix of learning and entertainment to provide a positive cooking adventure for both locals and visitors.
The Cooking School will offer a variety of services, including:
- Basic Cooking Classes — for children and adults
- Specialty and Advanced Cooking Classes — for those interested in learning specific cooking or baking skills
- Guest Chef Classes — where community members teach their specialty dishes
- Cooking Parties — offering fun ways to gather and to celebrate
- Cooking Vacations/Retreats in conjunction with Crooked River Inn — both weekend and week-long cooking adventures