Only two families before us have lived in this home!
HISTORY OF THE HOUSE ITSELF:
Columbus Johnson House
Columbus Johnson was an early settler (along Buck Creek and later Bear Creek) who became well established in the livestock industry. He married Frances Ketchum in 1893. He constructed this house in 1906 when he and his wife moved into Prineville, onto a ranch he bought on the western fringe of the town. Frances and Columbus donated land to the State Park system in 1930 for the Ochoco Viewpoint Wayside. Frances died in 1932 and Columbus in 1936.
MANY local residents have lived in the cottage at some point in their lives (which was originally a tack room and bunk house for the farm) as well as the boarding rooms upstairs where the B&B suites are located now!